Outlet Fashion - II Salvagente


Normally shopping is not in my travel programme with Mr. Dear. He does not like shopping.  And I never want to spend a big bill in Milan for clothing.   But this time, a cloudy day, Saturday afternoon. I went alone to a fashion outlet in town, il Salvagente.  My guide '111 Places in Milan that You Must See'  says it is near Porta Venezia.  But in the reality, it is just the nearest underground station.   It is far but once I am there, I thought it's worth while to shed off the calories by walking more than half hour from the fashion street of Via della Spiga.  My impression on this street: elegant and crazy.


It's out of curiosity to visit il Salvagente.  Is it good?  Is it worthwhile?  And to satisfy myself that I can find it.  The answers drove me to get to it.


Once I was away from the centre, the streets I passed by were quite empty. Walking endlessly I found the street.  Nobody!  Until I reached it, there were people queuing up to pay.  A good sign!  One corner collects the big brands. Since I was short of time, I did not manage to have a look.  I could only spare the time to look at the pullover/cardigan. I don't know most of the brands. They are not the top ones but quality is good.  I picked one pullover from iblues 50€, one beige cardigan and a short sleeve grey pullover.  Total is about 113€.  A good deal!  I am satisfied.  You could easily see others were satisfied too.


I was about an hour there and could not stay longer because I had to rush back to prepare bread and cook porcini bought in the morning.  My bread was sitting in the fridge for hours.  It needed to cool to the room temperature, shaped and raised, baked and waiting to get cool.   Luckily there was bus 60 to go to our place.  Nice dinner, after 8pm.






Via Fratelli Bronzetti 16, 20129 Milan

Mon 3pm-7pm; Tue to Sat 10am - 7pm
Sunday 11am - 14pm/ 15pm-19pm


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Croatia Trip - Split - Baptistery & Mt. Marjan

Kbal Spean

Marshal Zen Garden Beitou 北投少帥禪園