Mui Tsz Lam 梅子林, Ngong Ping 昂平



1 July 2016 is the 19th anniversary of returning the sovereignty of Hong Kong to China.  19 years ago I went to Spain alone.  This year I hiked alone to Ngong Ping.  I had some fear.  Would there be illegal immigrant trying to rob, rain, flood, snake.......?  But I till packed up to take the adventure. Yup, I don't want to be a couch potato. Today I strengthen myself, the days of the elderly will be nicer to stay in a better shape.


I found the spot of Ngong Ping from our pastor's Facebook page.  From there one can have a gorgeous panoramic view of the islands at Sai Kung.  It worth the walk, sweat and breath. And one will not climb the way only once.  I am sure I will go again one day, two days......  Ha ha!


It was raining in the morning.   I left home after 12pm and took a min-bus to Chevalier Garden in Ma On Shan. The trip started with a path passing Tsung Tsin Secondary School, turn left and follow the cemented street as shown above, from top left to right, then bottom left to right until a street for cars.


Walking upward on the gentle slope until you see the fourth rain shelter. Still go a bit upward. You then see a dam with blue railing. but go for the path with green railing.  There is a signage to Mui Tsz Lam Village.




The walk is always under tree shades and streams are often next. When you need to cool yourself down, it is always nice to sit next to the water, listen the sound and see the butterflies around.



Starting from the way up, it took about half hour to see the signs of Mau Ping 茅坪 and Tai Shui Hang 大水坑 (where I started the walk).  Go for Mau Ping.


Continue the upward path.  In about 20 minutes, you will see a few blocks of ruin stone houses which have been abandoned for a long time.  One is left with the structure and windows only.  If it is on a cold and cloudy day, then the scene will be quite scary.





The next 20 minutes walk was also under tree shades.  I won't say it cool in the hot summer. Still it is a pleasant walk in the green and streams around.  It will lead to an open area.  A big grassland with some shelters. And it is a cross road to Sai Kung (Pak Koung), MacLehose Trail, and Ngong Ping.




Facing this grassland, turn to the left and keep ascending.  Now, this path is direct under the sun. No tree shades anymore.  But you will be rewarded with unforgettable views.



Along the way, I got caught by an isolated lily standing admirably next to the stone staircase. Life is powerful! Soon you will start to see the sea, islands, yachts..... Amazing scenes!   I could not walk further but stopped and shot the beautiful moments.   Bravo!


Yeah!  It's the plateau!  Some people were around and enjoying the breathtaking panoramic views there.  So relaxed!

 

But the plateau is not yet the highest point.   See, the beautiful hill top in a range!   In the front is Pyramid Hill. It surges up with great aura. Further out are the rolling ranges of Ma On Shan and Tiu Shau Ngam. As I was not well prepared for the hike and I still had an appointment, I had to head down the hill. The direction is to Hang On Estate.


I was very tired after another hour of walking and could not walk up to Hang On Estate but a closer one, Kam Ying Court.  It was a nice day with big achievement, big for one seldom go for hiking and the fantastic views!













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Croatia Trip - Split - Baptistery & Mt. Marjan

Kbal Spean

Hong Kong Heritage Museum - The Hakkas and Fishing Origin