Restauration Fischer Nürnberg

29 July 2014



I spent my holiday in Vienna and Nürnberg this year.  Nürnberg is almost my second home.  We normally eat at home since we are living in the suburb.  Late night dining in the town is rare as public transport is infrequent.  I found Fischer as the most beloved and complimented restaurant in Nürnberg.  Here we were.   Food was first class.   We love it!

Fischer opens its door only in the evening.  It offers 3 menus:   Sea or Country 4-course menu costs €59 or a 7-course menu costs €89.  We picked the Country menu, dishes were meat based and chanterelle (Pfifferlinge) was present in the first and second courses as July is the best season.  I love this tiny yellow mushroom, full of fragrance and character.

We took a table downstairs and could see the opened kitchen.  The chef could check our response first hand.   I gave thumb-up after the appetizer and double thumb-up after the main course.


We were served a complimentary starter: veal cut with tuna dressing.  It went well with our red wine recommended by our waitress.  It suited all dishes.  We were very please with it.


Our starter was lamb fillet with salad and mango chutney.   Full of flavours!  The fillets were of generous portion.  The pinky meat was tender.  I enjoyed a piece in the mouth and let the taste linger there.



The menu is Continental but in the direction of Italian: appetizer, first and second course then dessert. My friend took the risotto with chanterelle and quail but I requested to change to tagliatelle.  But my quail disappeared as meat and pasta are not a match in Italian serving dish.   OK.   My quail went to my friend's risotto.   The tiny bites of the quail were wow.  My chanterelle tagliatelle was excellent!



Our main course was two-way cooked beef.  Pan fried beef fillet and a slice of braised shank served with vegetables.  I requested for medium rare but our waitress forgot about it.  The chef was pleased to change the meat for me.   Outstanding!  The meat was good and fresh.  Pink, tender and awesome.



A good dinner must be finished with a palatable dessert.  Our was crème brulee with homemade white chocolate ice cream.  The sweetness was appropriate with an optimal balance between the crispy sugary top and the smooth custard.  OMG!



Some reviewers said the serving time as too long.  Ours was OK.  In about 2.5 hours, we were through our gourmet journey.  It can be easily understood:  one chef without helper.   He did all cooking.  There were 4-5 tables when we dined there.



Still haven't made up your mind?   Another assurance:  Fischer is both countered to 'Germany's best' by Guide Michelin and Der Feinschmecker.

If you plan to visit during the weekend, please reserve a table ahead.  It is a tiny place.  Monday closed.  Bon appetite!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Croatia Trip - Split - Baptistery & Mt. Marjan

Kbal Spean

Hong Kong Heritage Museum - The Hakkas and Fishing Origin