PMQ 元創方

February 2018

Another fabulous ceramic plate form Yokky.  It is a gift to her relatives seen in Facebook.




September 2017

The first article says I went to PMQ on my birthday.  You may be curious if I bought any birthday present for myself. Yes, I did. Here it is, a beautiful green plate with ripples quietly flow into my heart with tranquillity.




I visited PMQ another time to visit my school friend who ran a pottery shop Flow+ Living 好器色with two partners.  Then I bought another plate of a collection called Knot Situation.  Yokky used her mother's hand knit top to lay over the clay.  It became a unique design which connects to her memory of her mum.  Want to have a look?  It's the one underneath my homemade muffin.  I always like to serve my food with beautiful plates to enhance the joy of eating.  As a coincidence it matches the mind of Yokky's creation.  The word 器 means utensils. The four months 口denote 4 people eating together to enjoy a nice meal.




Shortly after my birthday this year, 2017, I visited PMQ with an intention to buy another plate from Flow+ Living.  Not only one but I also bought a pale green bowl with rice stencilled at the bottom. They add calmness to my heart.  I wish I will extend the purchase of homemade pottery from Yokky on all coming birthdays.




July 2015

It was my birthday.  I spent it with my second family in Nürnberg the previous two years.  This year I was in Hong Kong and would like to do something special.  PMQ was the idea to spend a nice afternoon, to be close to creativity and energy.  It looks like a residence from the photo.  Yes, historically it was a school, then married police quarter and lately a place for creative stores.


PMQ brands itself as 'a stage for creative happenings'.   It is home to 100+ create-preneurs.  Major categories are men, women, kids, homewares and interior, gifts and premiums, design services and resturants and cafes. Examples of minor ones are workshop, product design, art, etc.  I prefer the minority.  It holds exhibitions with different theme on an ongoing basis.  It's sort of a magnet to younger people.

A school friend of mine runs a ceramic shop there: Flow + Living. It sells artistic handmade ceramic dining wares.  I fell in love with her art out of the first sight.  Yes, I bought one on my birthday.


I like the place as it is very open. You can observe the surroundings through the terraces, windows at the staircase. And there are places for the green, to relax and take a deep breath.


Of all shops, here are some which delighted me:  home decoration, gifts and a bakery with guests playing mandolin. Lovely!

 
 
 


By chance I watched a TV show highlighting some stores there. Click here to have a view in Cantonese.

Address:
35 Aberdeen Street, Central, Hong Kong


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Croatia Trip - Split - Baptistery & Mt. Marjan

Kbal Spean

Marshal Zen Garden Beitou 北投少帥禪園