Laksa

I love eating but eat much less in the last few months as I am concerned with my ever increasing weight. Well, with fairly good discipline, I managed to lose over 10 pounds.  But it stucks.

I had hard weeks.  Finally, our programme has been launched today.  It's time to relax.  My stomach kulu kulu after an appointment in Wanchai.  I followed a friend's advice and tried a Malaysian restaurant, Sabah.  Her Singaporean colleague highly recommended it, saying that it's authentic.  Why not?  And I can start sharing places of food with good value.  Be it for a single diner or groups.     


There were quite a few new dishes that I wanna try.  But at the end I sticked on the safe side, laksa, a dish familiar to Hong Kong Chinese.  Two choices:  curry seafood and asam laksa of sour fish soup.  Photo of the curry seafood showed sumptuous seafood whilst the other's quite plain, one piece of sardine on the fish soup.  The selling point is: the soup is made with ginger flower (from Malaysia) and fresh fish.  However, I opt for the more appealing choice, curry seafood laksa.

Curry laksa is a coconut curry soup with a dash of sambal chili paste.  The major ingredients are tofu puff, fish sticks, shrimps, squid.  Mine was found with two very very tiny scallops.  It tasted gorgeous!  The spice was balanced with the rich creamy coconut soup.  A wonderful dinner.  It costs HK$60 with 10% service charge.  Other recommended dishes include: roti canai (油鬆餅), beef rendang (巴東牛肉), ha mee (蝦麵) and bak kuh teh (肉骨茶).  It's a place that I will certainly go back with friends. Guten appetit!

Sabah Malaysian Cuisine, G/F 98-102 Jaffe Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Croatia Trip - Split - Baptistery & Mt. Marjan

Kbal Spean

Hong Kong Heritage Museum - The Hakkas and Fishing Origin